Leadership for Transition (LiFT) brings together innovative researchers, practitioners and citizens engaged in the fields of leadership, education and societal transition to promote more integrative, more effective and thus more sustainable ways of living in Europe and beyond. The project rationale holds that in times of multidimensional crisis, leadership increasingly needs to empower individuals and society at large to take over responsibility for working towards the common good.
LiFT has started off as a EU-funded Grundtvig Learning Partnership (2013-2015) and is now continuing its work as a Strategic Partnership between seven partners within the Horizon 2020 funding framework (Period of funding: Aug. 1st, 2013 – July 31st, 2015).
Its main aims are to harvest experience gained with collaborative leadership formats in diverse context, reflect and standardize it for others to use and to develop a training course on this basis.
Until 2018, LiFT will host the following workshops:
1. Luxemburg, Nov 18-20, 2015: Benelux Pop-up University for Transition
2. Gotland/Almedalen, July 3-10, 2016: Collaborative Ideas for Doing Politics
3. Trondheim/Norway, Fall 2016: Addressing Early School Leaving in Scandinavia
4. Schloss Tempelhof/Germany, Spring 2017: Innovative Ideas on Collaborative Governance
5. Murter/Croatia, Fall 2017: Capacity Development for Transformative Learning Initiatives
6. Vienna/Austria, July/August 2018: Learning from Social Entrepreneurs
and: Summer School on collaborative leadership
Also, until 2018, LiFT will produce the following tangible intellectual outputs:
1. A book on foundations & resources of collaborative leadership
2. A book on the methodology of collaborative leadership
3. A book on best practices (case studies) of collaborative leadership
4. A course curriculum to be used in train-the-trainer courses on collaborative leadership
If you have questions or wish to participate in one of our events please contact us via the comment function.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the EU.
Further information can be found on project website of LiFT2..